Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Fly Fishing Art Works - An Artists Opinion

I am an avid artist who has developed into a Fly Fishing Artist due to my obsession with both hobbies. I truly love the sport of Fly Fishing and have always enjoyed painting and drawing. This is my take on the world of Fishing Art and more specifically, Fly Fishing Art. You can see one of my works below.








"Brown on Rocks" by Jonathon A. Waske - Watercolor Painting
I believe that in the world of fly fishing art beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Whether the art work is an exact replication or an expressionistic rendering is irrelevant when it comes to the quality of the work. A perfect example of this point came to light when my wife proclaimed that a work I had completed years ago was her favorite of anything I had painted or dawn. In my opinion it was a crude and easily rendered piece. However, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
In addition to this point I think it is important to obtain a wide range of artistic styles within your collection. I think it can be viewed as a wardrobe for your home or cabin. You would not purchase the exact same shirt in twenty colors and call it a successful shopping spree so why do so with your art collection.
Please take my advice and keep an open mind to the quality of artwork available to the fly fishing public. It is my experience that I truly love both realistic and expressionistic art works. They both have their place in our wonderful sport.
JW
The Official Art Studio of
Jonathon A. Waske





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your opinion!!!