Thursday, March 19, 2009

Cabelas Packable Rod - Great Deal Now

I spend a ton of time on the road for my work. Outside of being and avid fly fishing artist I do maintain a 9-5 job. During my initial days of fly fishing I would carry my full size fly rod case in my truck in the hopes of hitting the stream on the way home. This was a great way to plan for unexpected rivers and roadside lakes. However, the 4 1/2 foot rod case took up a ton of room in my vehicle. I stumbled upon the Cabela's Stowaway 5-Piece/Three Forks Fly Combo with Line a few years ago and have never carried my 2 piece rods again.

The Cabelas rod itself is a cannon that will help you cut through wind and deliver your fly to those hard to reach places. On the other hand I have used the combo to fish dries to rising browns in Northern Michigan who were not easily fooled. The kits come with the rod, a basic reel, fly line, backing and a leader. Add flies and water and you are good to go.

As a matter of fact I have converted to almost exclusively purchasing packable rods in combo kits. I now own a total of 3. The combo packages are on sale at this time for $135 to $150. You will not be disappointed.

I hope you take advantage of the deal being offered today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your opinion!!!